ZPD School and Curriculum Design
Create your website in minutes with our drag and drop builder!
Welcome to the ZPD School and Curriculum Design Site. The purpose of this website is to inspire new ideas and actions in education. If you are looking for some fresh ideas about education, you have come to the right place! The Z in ZPD is about being in the "zone" - the zone of Professional and Proximal Design. The idea of using ZPD was borrowed from Vygotsky's research into ideal conditions for teaching and learning. Join us in the zone and check out the sections that might interest you.
Links to Books
- The Charter School Principal's Story: A View from the Inside
- How Much Does a Great School Cost? School Economies and School Values
- Assessment Tools and Systems: Meaningful Feedback Approaches to Promote Critical and Creative Thinking
- Teacher Shortages and the Challenges of Retention: Practices that Make School Systems and Cultures More Attractive and Empowering (in Press - Rowman & Littlefield)
- The Gatekeepers; Why School Systems Should Rethink Resisting Change (in press, Rowman & Littlefield)
- Whole Numbers Middle School Math; Learning Journal (New Resource)